Kuusamo is home to a bounty of diverse routes and trails:
- Waterline trails and exercise tracks are close to the built-up area
- Karhunkierros and Pieni Karhunkierros (Bear’s trail) trails for hiking, trekking and day camping.
In addition to hiking and trekking, there are multi-use trails and tracks suitable for mountain biking and trail running, too. The following trails are suitable for off-road biking:
- Kouvervaara and Nissinvaara trails.
- The bike trails in Ruka area were designed and constructed for both regular and mountain biking and
- The tracks on the Bike Park slopes are especially designed for various mountain biking disciplines.
In addition to waterway boating routes
- Kuusamojärvi canoeing route is for lake canoeists and Kirkkosaari – Samostenperä area for SUP board enthusiasts.